TMBC Rigger (Seasonal, Part-Time)
Position summary: Use mechanical and power tools to install and connect motors and accessories on boats or ATVs as per factory specifications or as specified on work orders. Position assists our customers when they come in to pick up their unit by explaining and demonstrating the operations of the boat, motor, trailer or ATV. Position is additionally responsible for checking in boats when they are delivered to the dealership.
- Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Rig boat package per factory specifications.
- Rig boat package as specified on work orders.
- Notify Service Manager when rigging of specified unit received from manufacturer is not acceptable.
- Work in an efficient manner to maintain service schedules.
- Prepare loose motors or trailers for delivery to customer.
- Test each unit for proper and safe operation using established marine service procedures.
- Notify Service Manager if unit has problems that need additional work.
- Follow work order procedures for requesting and obtaining parts, performing labor and completing paperwork.
- Follow work order procedures when requesting parts or performing labor not listed on work order.
- Compile warranty packages per outlined process for every unit.
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent experience
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to deal with electrical systems and wiring when assembling engines and connecting all electrical/remote control attachments to a boat or ATV
Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Ability to work in a non-air conditioned environment
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with Management, coworkers and customers
- Monday 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Sunday 9:00am - 6:00pm