Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOUProtect This House?!
The Store Manager acts as if he or she is the business owner and has ultimate responsibility for the daily operations* of the store. The Store Manager is accountable for effectively teaching, training and coaching store management into a high performing leadership team that achieves sales goals, meets merchandising brand standards and delivers operational excellence. The Store Manager is expected to role model Under Armourâs Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Teammate and Athlete experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Motivate and inspire the team by delivering a compelling vision and purpose which encompasses Under Armour's Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors.
Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand's Athlete service standards and selling behaviors.
Establish and communicate clear expectations while holding the store team accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
Build and support effective relationships with all teammates, peers and supervisors to effectively lead positive change.
Lead the management team through effective execution of all performance management tools.
Effectively communicate with the management team to align and help drive business strategy.
Ensure total Store Accountability for all Under Armour Policies and Procedures.
Establish and execute a strategic plan to achieve planned sales and key performance indicators for all time periods.
Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time strategic business decisions to drive results.
Train and develop team on business acumen to drive business performance.
Evaluate store sales and payroll goals using payroll reports and tools; make scheduling adjustments to meet business needs.
Build Athlete loyalty through in-store experience, through the use of Athlete data capture, endless aisle and the understanding of Connected Fitness applications.
Supervise the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, floorsets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom standards.
Oversee and ensure efficiency of all daily operational procedures.
Ensure store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
Manage payroll and schedule adjustments effectively to maximize productivity and to achieve payroll and sales targets.
Recruit, hire, develop and retain a high performing store team.
Teach, train and coach the store management team through successful completion of Division of Responsibilities (DOR) to develop future leaders for the company.
Develop succession plans to ensure career paths for all teammates; encourage teammates to pursue internal opportunities.
Recognize and properly resolve teammate performance issues; communicate high priority issues to their manager in a timely manner and collaborate to develop a plan for resolution to minimize risk.
Lead the mid-year and annual review process for all teammates.
Manage store census, seasonal hiring needs and anticipate turnover. Proactively network, recruit and interview based on assessments to ensure staffed at all times.
Drive teammate engagement by recognizing and rewarding teammates for their outstanding performance.
Ensure that the store management team adheres to and enforce all employment practices and policies.
Lead all visual directives ensuring mapping and floorset are properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly within allotted timeframe.
Generate and analyze merchandise reports and direct brand appropriate merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
Lead efficient and effective day to day store merchandising by ensuring that the store team understands and maintains Under Armour brand standards and sell through adjustments are held true to the Floor Set overview.
Partner with Merchandising DOR to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed - Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
Maintain Under Armour brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for teammates and athletes.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
· Computer and technology proficient.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with athletes and store team.
· Ability to move or handle merchandise up to 25 lbs.
· Ability to freely access all areas of the store; including the selling floor, stock and register area.
· Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problemâsolving & planning skills.
· Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
· Strong communication, presentation, delegation and follow-up skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency in sales generation, training, and leading of functional teams.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze business trends and reporting to drive sales.
· Demonstrated ability to coach, provide feedback and manage substandard performance.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fastâpaced and deadlineâoriented environment.
· Ability to perform Essential Job Functions.
· In locations where the Store Manager reports into a General Manager, the General Manager has ultimate responsibility for the store
Education And / Or Experience
· Minimum high school education or equivalent.
· Minimum 3-5 years of retail or equivalent management experience preferred.
Under Armour is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, ancestry, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, language, age, history of conviction of criminal or summary conviction offence that is unrelated to the employment or to the intended employment of that individual, social condition, receipt of public assistance, political convictions or beliefs, physical or mental disability, handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, civil status, family status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by protected status.
- Thursday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Monday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Remembrance Day - Nov. 11, 2021 11:05am - 7:00pm
- Black Friday - Nov. 26, 2021 9:00am - 9:00pm
- Christmas Eve - Dec. 24, 2021 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Christmas Day - Dec. 25, 2021 Closed
- Boxing Day - Dec. 26, 2021 9:00am - 9:00pm
- New Years Eve - Dec. 31, 2021 11:00am - 6:00pm
- New Years Day - Jan. 1, 2022 11:00am - 6:00pm